I know I have been MIA for what seems like forever, right?! But, no worries! I am back! Since I did not make it to giving my year end favorite products of 2016. I am going to give you a mixture of my top 2016/2017 products that I think are a must have for your makeup bag.
Most of these products I do not think get the proper notoriety they deserve, and some of them are loved and recognized by a lot of bloggers. I hate to give you products that everyone is already talking about, but I have to be honest – no discrimination, a must have is a must have!
Ok, let’s get started. First up, my favorite of all on this list:
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation – this product does NOT get enough attention. So, here I am trying to give it the light it deserves! It has such a smooth finish. It dries nice and has a very light wear on the face. I do recommend setting the whole face with a powder because this foundation does seem to leave a bit of a residue to the touch.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – Okay. We know. Everyone talks about this like it’s going out of damn style. But seriously, I cannot get enough of this product. I don’t even need color correcting for my dark circles with this product. One of my biggest pet peeves with concealer is when you cover your under eye with it and are blending one eye and it seems to already dry on the other eye before you get to blend?? This gives you time to blend to a smooth undetectable finish! Gives you an awake look for sure without being the girl where everyone knows you have tons of under eye concealer on! It really does the job! For sure a staple item for your collection!
- Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadow – Now I know I have raved about these on my Instagram once or twice. But, I am here to tell you my top favorite colors right now! Drift, Blaze, and Mooning. If you didn’t know, the best way to apply these shadows are using your god given makeup brush… your finger (lol).
- Morphe Brushes – No secret here that I am still obsessed with the quality and affordability of Morphe Brushes! My top picks right now are: M535, M523, M531, E8, and I use the M535 and M531 brushes as eyeshadow crease brushes or buffer brushes to blend my shadow. The M523 I use as a bronzer brush to warm my face up before I contour. The M510 to put my highlight on the tops of my cheekbones, the tip of my nose, and my cupids bow for that glowy look. Lastly, I would use the E8 as a buffer brush to buff in my under eye concealer really well. I truly think this brush really is the hidden gem in the midst of those options on Morphe.
- NYX Intense Butter Gloss and Soft Matte Lip Cream – I really can’t complete applying my makeup without reaching for a NYX lip product. I am the biggest advocate for NYX Cosmetics. They are affordable and extremely great quality. Their lip products are a necessity for my freelance kit and also my own vanity! My favorite Intense Butter Glosses right now are: Peanut Brittle and Tres Leches. As for my favorite Soft Matte Lip Cream: Abu Dhabi, London, and Stockholm. Also, Abu Dhabi and Peanut Brittle are an amazing combo together.
- NYX Cosmetics Lip Liner – so these are my go-to lip liners when I want to throw one in my going out bag or my travel bag so I know I will always have lip liner handy (along with the previous glosses and soft mattes listed above)! My favorite shade right now which I have been using EVERYDAY is; Beige. It is the perfect tone that doesn’t make it seem like you are trying to hard wearing so much liner. A perfect everyday liner!
- Real Techniques Miracle Mini Eraser Sponges – So I was originally so against these “mini” sponges when Beauty Blender first came out with them, so I decided to pick a cheaper alternative with the Real Techniques brand. I have to say, I really do love using these! So perfect to get all up in your under eye or even to blend and cover little blemishes on your face. PSA: I would say to start out with the Real Technique version if you are unsure of mini blenders. The Beauty Blender brand minis are a little pricier and although I favor the original Beauty Blender over any other brand, the Real Techniques minis does the job and are super cheap ($5.99) – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Hope you enjoyed, Xo Ashley